Dr. Elise Bernier M.D
Dr. Elise Bernier: More than 25 years of service to beauty
Dr. Elise Bernier, M.D, has been practicing medicine and cosmetic surgery for over 30 years. She holds a doctorate in medicine from the Université de Sherbrooke and professional licenses in Quebec. Dr. Bernier’s curiosity has allowed her clinics to take advantage of the latest equipment and offer a wide range of treatments. For the past 10 years, her practice has included blepharoplasty (surgical treatment of the eyelids), breast surgery and abdominal surgery. For more than 20 years, it has included liposculpture. And, for the last thirty years, she has treated varicose vein. Dr. Elise Bernier is also the pioneer in the Estrie region for injectable implants. She owns the only specialized medical centre offering both surgical and non-surgical treatments, such as laser rejuvenation, varicose vein treatment, injectable implants and skin firming treatments by Venus Freeze, among many others.
You will be well taken care of, before, during and after the treatment
Regardless of the treatment, Dr. Bernier always takes the time to properly assess your needs. Once the method has been chosen, the patient is assured of the necessary follow-up and explanations before, during and after the procedure. The centre’s staff comes into regular contact with the patient throughout the process.
A career built on continuous training
In 2001, in order to pursue her quest for excellence and meet the needs of her patients, Dr. Bernier began her training in breast and abdomen surgery under the supervision of a renowned plastic surgeon at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke. The Collège des médecins du Québec supported and supervised her during her training for specialized treatments. A panel of physicians was in charge of verifying and confirming Dr. Bernier’s skills to ensure that her patients received safe and medically optimal procedures. Between September 2001 and December 2003, she received training in plastic and cosmetic surgery. She assisted and performed, under the supervision of a plastic surgeon, various breast and abdominal surgeries. Then, in order to complete her training to deal with the potential complications of these procedures, Dr. Bernier completed an internship in general surgery at Maisonneuve-Rosemont University Hospital. She has obtained the approval of the surgeon trainers as well as the attestation of her skills from the Collège des médecins du Québec.
For the past 10 years, Dr. Bernier has been completing and updating her knowledge through lectures and training seminars, particularly in the United States.
You can consult Dr. Bernier’s detailed curriculum upon request at one of our clinics.
- Cosmetic surgery
Sept 2001 – December 2003
Abdominoplasty and Breasts
- General surgery
January 2004 to August 2004
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal
Get to know Dr. Elise Bernier a little better
- Astrological sign: Gemini
- Do you have a pet: 4 (2 dogs, 2 cats)
- How many children do you have? 4
- Your favorite music style: Jazz
- Favorite movie: The Harry Potter series!
- Favorite dish: Pears in red wine
- Your best memory: When I learned that the fourth child I was carrying was healthy.
- Favorite sports: Alpine skiing, snowboarding, indoor training, cycling
- Summer or winter: Winter
- Do you like cooking: No.
- Favorite book: The poet by Michael Connelly
- Favorite song: People who need people by Barbra Streisand
- Favorite quote: « It is the time you spent for your rose that makes your rose so important. » The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- Preferred weekend occupation: Movies
- The most beautiful feeling in existence: Being amazed
- What job would you have liked to do other than medicine? Architect
- Your most daring wish: To live to be 100 years old.
Elise Bernier in the media A few examples of our press coverage
our treatment at a glance
Your surgery and medical office